4.09.2012

a little easter weekend.


Happy late Easter! How was yours?

I had a pretty good one. On Saturday I spent part of the day at the park with music, a Gandolfo's sandwich, and a friend. We fell asleep on the grass, and when we woke up we found ourselves in the middle of an Easter egg hunt. Little kids were whispering and tiptoeing around us. Gosh darn it, it was the cutest thing. 

Yesterday I listened to a beautiful Sacrament Meeting program, went on a lovely little scooter ride in 70 degree weather, and made lamb for dinner. Well...more like slow-cooked it. That crock-pot is my best friend, and I think it's about time I give it a name. Henry? Henry. Then Tyler and I caught up on some Julian Smith videos and snacked our way through a box of Cheez-Its. The Justesens love those things, I tell ya. After, I spent a glorious hour packing up my winter clothes. Peace out, cold! All in all, a pretty good Easter. 

The reason behind why we celebrate Easter stood out to me a lot more this year than in the years previous. I think in the last few years I've come to understand and utilize the Atonement more and more, and I'm so grateful for it. I love my Savior, and it's amazing to feel myself grow closer to Him in the last little while. Singing the different hymns in Church yesterday really humbled me. I owe Him and my Heavenly Father so much. I talked with my dad last night, and he said, "Isn't it interesting that, when something is taken away, something even better for us usually takes its place? That's how much our Savior and Heavenly Father love us."

I came across this Mormon Message a few weeks ago, and it's safe to say it's my current favorite. What an incredible girl, and what an incredible reflection of Christ and the Atonement. After watching this, my trials sure felt a lot smaller.


Here's to a great new week. Mom and Devin come in three days, Dad and Whitney come in 10, graduation is in 10, and California gets here in 18! I'm just a little bit excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment