8.05.2012

world's greatest.


I don't know if there's anything quite as exciting as the Olympics. I park myself on the couch as much as possible for those two weeks, only getting off when I'm jumping on the cushions cheering for Michael Phelps or Gabby Douglas or to get something to eat. Other than that, bring on the beach volleyball, the gymnastics, the diving, and the swimming. Oh, the swimming. Particularly, the men's swimming. I don't understand how you get your body to move that fast. Or how you just get a body like that.

I would like to take a minute to marvel at these Olympic figures. 



There's something about watching the Olympics that gives me so much pride not only in my country, but in all the athletes who have worked so hard to get where they are. Did you get the chills during the parade of nations during the Opening Ceremonies? I sure did. And let's not even talk about how excited I was to see Mary Poppins and Lord Voldemort there, too. That's a whole other post when I have hours to write. All I can say is, go London for recognizing childhood literacy!

Happy Olympics! I'm voting to make this a world holiday. Two weeks of paid vacation for everyone! Now, the final question: Team Phelps or Team Lochte? 


There's my answer.

Go Team USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment