2.25.2013

a quiet weekend.

This weekend was the best kind of quiet. Quiet in the sense that it snowed for almost two days straight, and when it snows there's always this peace and solitude outside, which is the only thing I like about snow. Quiet in the sense that I really had nowhere to be, no obligations. My kind of quiet. I spent most of my weekend doing quiet things — visiting baby Reed {you make cute kids, Cailey B.}, eating, watching the snow fall, and Snap Chatting like a fiend. Probably more than necessary. I went to a Cougarette concert to see my sweet friend Jessica perform, and it made my dancing feet miss the years I spent in dancing shoes.

And now it's Monday, and I'm back to real life, cleaning out my closet and nursing the early beginnings of a cold because I will not break my perfect record of no sickness since last summer, dang it. The weather is slowly starting to warm its way up, and with that comes this sense of excitement that something new is coming my way. What it is, I don't know, but Spring has this way of blowing in this sense of newness, motivation, and happiness.


What's your kind of weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like weekend perfection. I'm so bummed I missed the Cougarettes in Concert this year--it's the first year I've missed in a while.

    ReplyDelete