10.06.2013

a little gc weekend.

My beautiful, warm, quiet, peaceful weekend just ended, and I'm a little sad about it. You know those weekends that jumpstart you and relax you at the same time? This was one of those weekends. I think most of it had to do with watching General Conference. {You don't know what that is, or maybe you missed a session or two? Lucky you, it's available right here!} Questions were answered, food was eaten, and fun was had by all. My kind of Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday

I rolled my lazy self out of bed, may or may not  have stayed in my PJs {because as most Mormons know, it's almost against our religion to actually get dressed over Conference weekend}, and watched the first session with some friends. And snuck in some rounds of Words with Friends when the choir sang. It's fun watching with people because great discussions come out of each and every talk, and I absolutely love that.

For the second session my friend Lauren got a few of us tickets, so we were able to head up to Salt Lake. There's something a little bit magical about that city during Conference weekend. If you've been, you know what I'm talking about, right? It's exciting to see so many people, hear different languages, run into old friends.



My friends realized during our trip that I'd never had a Dunkin' Donuts donut before, so they dragged me to the one that just opened up downtown, where I proceeded to stuff my face with the Boston Creme. And !!!!!!!!! That's all I have to say about that. You can easily win me over with a good donut.

Whenever I'm in Salt Lake I always stop at Chipotle. Someone tell me why Provo doesn't have a Chipotle? Can we petition that? I'm being serious. It's just one of those places that makes me feel like I'm near home. And while we're at it, let's get a Dunkin' down here, too.

Since Nordstrom Rack is next to Chipotle, that was an obvious stop. If you'd like to chip in for the Alexa Really Wants This Beautiful Michael Kors Leather Jacket That She Feels Was Made For Her fund, please inquire below. All donations would be greatly appreciated. ;)


Someday...

Saturday night was spent at Guru's singing, or in my case, croaking, karaoke.  I realized pretty quickly that I'm not as talented as I think I am when I'm singing alone in my car. Also, who knew that "Titanium" is that tough to sing?

So. A delightful Saturday spent with delightful people.

Sunday

You know those days when you wake up and just want to be alone? Not in a bad or negative way, just in a...way? I woke up this morning feeling like that. So I watched Conference alone in my room, with my favorite blanket and my pumpkin candle burning, and I loved it. 

Then I took a solo drive up the Alpine Loop to look at the Fall colors. So much for being solo though, everyone and their mom had the same idea to take a drive. But it was just me in my car, with my music, and it was magical. And LOOK at those colors. Utah, I have my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about you, but you sure know how to do Fall right. 


I've learned something about myself recently, and that is that I like me. Does that make sense? I'm comfortable just being with myself. I've always been a pretty independent person, but I'm not independent out of necessity, I'm independent because I just like being with myself. I like the way my thoughts wander when I'm alone, and the way I can compartmentalize them when no one is around to distract me. Don't get me wrong, I love being with people, but sometimes it's nice to be by myself, and be okay with it. 



So that's it. What a weekend. I hope yours was just as fun, uplifting, and inspired as mine was. Here's to Monday!

P.S. This might have been my favorite talk. What an inspired, wonderful man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment