11.13.2013

i love my siblings, but i like being the only kid.


Have I told you how much I love San Francisco? It's the city that makes me feel most at home. I got to spend the day there doing a little bit of shopping with my parents when I went home last weekend. And San Francisco at Christmas OHMYGOSH!!!


We happened to be at Union Square the day they put up the Christmas tree, and it was magical, I tell ya. And with 70 degrees in the middle of November? I'll take it. I don't know what else to say about this place except that it just feels familiar. 



I was the only kid at home all weekend, and I don't know if that's ever happened to me before. But it was very...quiet. I come from a group of talkers, there is always someone telling a story or a joke. But with just three of us and the cat, it's calm. 

We did some {a lot} of shopping, and I am the proud new owner of a pair of green Hunter boots. !!!!! We ate some great food, lots of Ghirardelli chocolate, saw "Gravity," which is the most stressful movie I've ever seen, and went for Autumn drives. While it's pretty much all dead here in Utah now, California is right in the middle of that yellow and red, crunchy, breezy Fall. 


My dad also taught me how to drive a manual car. I know, I'm 24 and should know that by now. But I didn't and it's okay and now I know. Sort of. That clutch and me, man, we have a hard time getting along. But it's fine. 


All in all, a good, much-needed weekend. Thanks for having me, Mom and Dad! And the cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment