12.28.2011

won't you be my neighbor?

Today we spent some in the land of my birth. The beautiful, warm morning was spent in my favorite city {other than London of course}, which is San Francisco. It was fun looking in the stores post-Christmas {completely picked over, by the way} on Union Square. Being in San Francisco reminded me how much I want to live in a city someday. I think I was meant for that kind of life, at least for a little while.


It was a BEAUTIFUL day in the neighborhood.


  

  

 

That had to be the fanciest, not to mention largest, Forever 21 I’ve ever been to. The 12 security guys in black suits were a nice touch to the general ambiance, as well. It’s great having six-foot-five, 250 pound men breathe down your neck as you look at a $3 necklace.

After the city, we ventured down to Los Altos, where I spent the first few years of my life. I LOVE it there. If you haven’t been, please go! The Silicon Valley is just smart. That’s the only way I can think of to describe it. Facebook, Google, and Groupon are just a few of the major companies who operate out of this area. There is so much brain power here!

I love watching the people. There is definitely a personality in the Bay Area. People are active, healthy, and educated. We spent a little time at Stanford, which is where I would have gone if BYU didn’t work out {um…right}.


 
The Rodin sculptures are my favorite!


  

 

Going back down memory lane and seeing the house I grew up in and where I went to school was fantastic. What’s your favorite part about where you grew up?

No comments:

Post a Comment