4.25.2012

in limbo.


Last week I officially graduated, which was a great experience. Seeing thousands of students walking around campus, taking pictures with their families, gave me a lump in my throat. I never thought the day would come when I would be one of the graduates I saw every year as I was finishing my finals. But my day came, it went, and it made me realize something.

I don't know if I'm ready for my formal education to end just yet.

Yes, I earned my Bachelor's degree, and that's great, and I'm proud of all the hard work I put into my education, but there was something about seeing those Masters students walking around in their black robes and hoods, and it kind of made me want to be one of them.

I've never thought about grad school. I always thought, once I get my English degree, peace out, BYU and college. But I love learning, and I've absolutely loved my experience in school. And every once in a while I still feel like there's more for me to learn. Call me a nerd, call me a geek, whatever. In my Patriarchal blessing I was told specifically to seek out all the learning that I can, and maybe this longing for more education has to do with that. I really don't know. Plus, today I had a killer idea for a Master's thesis in English. It kicks you know what you know where. All I'll say is...it involves '70s rock music and its influence on Americana. Like, even if I don't further my education, I still really want to write this thesis just for kicks. Yep, nerd.

So...I'm still toying with the idea, but ladies and gents, I think I might being going to Graduate School.

No comments:

Post a Comment