11.08.2012

holland road.

So the title of this post has nothing to do with what I'm going to write about. I've just had that song stuck in my head all day today, but that's not a bad thing. 


Tonight I was sitting in my living room, doing some reading and watching the news, when my apartment was cast in this beautiful pink and orange glow that came through the kitchen windows. I hopped in my car and drove up to the Y to snap some pictures of this incredible sunset. We're supposed to get a winter storm tomorrow, and I'm fearing that today was our last official day of Fall. So I had to document the fading minutes of it. And boy, it was so worth it. 

Today I stopped by Target to get a few things, and was hit by it. Christmas. There was glitter and sequins and ornaments everywhere. I felt Christmasy all the way down to my soul! And that is one of the best feelings. 

While I was perusing the clothing section {a must during a visit to the Target}, I found this amazingly orangish-red sweater with a gold heart across the front. So I snatched my size. The last one in my size, in fact. As I did, I heard a collective sigh. A few feet away from me was a group of women, eyeing my selection. This wasn't any group of women, this was a stylish group of women. You know, the good mommy blogger type. Long center-parted waves, skinny jeans, and Madewell tops. Them. And while I know I shouldn't base my worth on what a group of women think of my style, I have to admit it made me smirk just a little bit that this group of women admired my sweater taste. I gave myself two seconds to be proud, and then I continued to walk around the clothing section. But it only took me another second to realize these women were following me. Not even in a sneaky way. It was blatantly obvious.

I of course thought maybe they wanted to admire what else I would pick up, until I heard one of them whisper, "Maybe she'll put it down." They were following me for my sweater!! Now, the nice girl would probably smile and keep shopping, but sometimes I don't feel like the nice girl and decided to have some fun with them. So I would grab another sweater, compare it with my perfectly-hued red one,  and just barely pretend that I was going to trade them. As I did so, I noticed these women lean in just a bit closer, ready to pounce. But then at the last minute, I'd grab my sweater again and move on. I might have done this one, two, or ten times. It was fun for a while, but I realized that these women were not going to leave me alone. So I made my merry way to the cash register. Sheesh. All that for one sweater. {In case you're curious, it's online here.}

So now I'm sitting in my cozy living room, which smells like spices thanks to my autumnal candle, wearing my new red sweater. The Cosby Show is on, which reminds me of home and growing up, and soon I'm going to eat a burrito for dinner. Life can't get much better.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA this is great :) Also I'm so happy you had Holland Road stuck in your head... that is probably one of my favorite songs on the album!

    ReplyDelete