11.15.2012

awkward and awesome.


Didn't get the memo above that we were fake laughing.

It's that time of the week again, friends. Although I know I haven't done this in a while, last week was exceptionally awkward and I have to tell someone about it. Here we go.

awkward:

1. The photo above. There's not much else to say except that I don't do well with family photos. So...yep.
2. Have you ever tried getting into your car with your hands full and it won't unlock and you're about to cry because you're frustrated and it's been a long day? Then you find out IT'S NOT YOR CAR? Well, let me tell you that it makes you want to crawl into a hole in the ground and die. Or at least take a nap until it's all over. Especially when the owner coming out and telling you that isn't your car is how you find out it isn't your car. That was long-winded, and probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my existence. 
3. When you show up to work on Halloween wearing a track jacket, jeans, and sneakers. And someone asks if you're dressed as a soccer mom. Please. When I'm a soccer mom, I'll look like this:


That night I was tired, had a volleyball game, and wasn't feeling Halloween. It happens. And since when did Sperry's become the ultimate soccer mom shoe?

awesome:

1. Pandora's 80's pop station. I don't know if we've ever talked about my thing for the 80's. Having this happen to me has always been a lifelong dream. But that's a whole other post.
2. I braved the snow and overcame my ultimate fear of driving in a horrible storm. This might not be a big deal to most people, but if you know me, you know I'll avoid driving in a storm at all costs. But this time I made it home safe, although with white knuckles from gripping the steering wheel a little too hard. Self-high five.
3. "Red." Make fun of me all you want, but Taylor Swift can still do no wrong. We all know I'm a sap for good song lyrics, and I think the best line in the whole album is "You called me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually and cruel in the name of being honest." She said exactly what I've been trying to say for a long time. {"All Too Well" has got to be my favorite song of hers}.
4. Justesen Family Thanksgiving is taking place next Thursday. And lucky me, due to schedules and school for the younger siblings, I'm playing hostess. You think I'm being sarcastic, but I'm really not. My mom put me in charge of thinking up the menu, and every night since then I've been perusing cooking magazines and websites looking for recipes. I wish I could say in words how giddy cooking gets me. And how giddy my family gets me.

So there you have it. My weird, weird last few days in a nutshell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment