12.30.2012

going greek.

Ready for recipes? This is new for me, but I've been by myself at my apartment all week, with only a few ingredients because I've been too cheap and lazy to do a major grocery shopping spree, and a girl's gotta eat, right? So I've been experimenting.

I have a tub of Greek yogurt {delish} that's a few days away from going sour, so I scoured for some recipes that use it, and I've found two great, cheap, and quick ones that I want to share with you. Ready? Here we go then.


This thing only requires a few ingredients and a microwave, and after a five minute zap you've got a knockoff apple crisp.

ingredients:
- 1 apple
- splash of apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of dried cranberries
- drizzle of coconut oil
- dash of cinnamon
- spoonful of Greek yogurt
- drizzle of honey

Like how most of the ingredients don't require an exact measurement? Yeah, that's my kind of cooking. Eyeball it and adapt it to what works for you.

Cut off the bottom of your apple so it can stand on its own. Use a spoon or a melon baller to scoop out the middle of the apple. Place it in a bowl, and splash some apple juice around it. In a bag, mix the brown sugar, pecans, rolled oats, and cranberries, and add the coconut oil to bind them all together. Add the mixture to the middle of the apple. If it doesn't all fit, that's fine. Spread it around the bowl. Now zap that sucker for five minutes in the microwave. Let it cool for a couple of minutes, then garnish with Greek yogurt and honey.




This is a great {and healthier} replacement for buttermilk pancakes. Who knew Greek yogurt could do all of this stuff? Not me.

ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg {or 2 egg whites}
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup of blueberries {fresh or frozen}

Mix the yogurt and egg in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Add the egg/yogurt mixture to the flour, and stir well to combine it. This batter will be thick! Scoop some onto a hot skillet or frying pan, and use a knife to spread the pancake and make it a little flatter and round {as you can see from my picture, I'm still learning that part}. Add some blueberries on top. Cook until the bottom is browned nicely {or on the side of being almost burned, just how I like it}, and then flip. Top with syrup, peanut butter, Nutella, or even some more Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment