4.18.2013

love list.

I was skimming through a few of my recent posts and I realized they have been HEAVY. Some bad things have happened in the world, I've had a lot on my mind, and it's all come across in this little space. I'm not saying that's bad, but I hope you realize I'm not deep and dark and thoughtful all the time. So here's a lighthearted post of a few things I love today.

1. Sunflowers are my flower of choice right now. I discovered that you can get a bouquet at Sprout's for about $4. Aren't they just so happy, these little guys? I love putting them near a window and watching their long stems crane towards the sun. I understand that because I'm trying to do the same thing. 40 degrees today?? Come on, Utah.

2. Nostalgia. A couple of friends got me hooked on "Once Upon a Time" {I'm the kind who doesn't watch TV on the regular, so I discover a show a few seasons late and then binge-watch}, and guys, it's everything I love all wrapped up with a nice big bow. Fairy tales, drama, action, CAPTAIN HOOK {I'm crazy about anything Peter Pan}, and one of the darn best looking casts I've ever seen. But I love it most because of the nostalgia factor. It reminds me of my favorite childhood stories, where good always wins, the prince always gets the princess, where everyone lives happily ever after. A little sappy, yes, but just go with me on this one. It's like Disney for grownups. :) I'm a sucker for some nostalgia. If you watch it I'd love to analyze it with you!

3. Speaking of nostalgia, these photos. My grandpa has a collection of LIFE magazine issues from the 50s and 60s, and when I was a little girl one of my favorite things to do at his house was to carefully flip through the crinkled brown pages, wondering what that time was like. Aren't these beautiful? Thanks to Pinterest, I found some of my favorite photographs from the magazine, and they made me smile.

You just know this woman and her heels have somewhere important to be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment