4.20.2013

a recipe and a new blog design.

Last night I was home by myself nursing a sore arm {getting shots is the WORST} and watching the news {can you believe how the entire situation in Boston played out? Incredible}, and I got the urge to make something. I've been trying to eat healthier lately, so I wanted to make something that I didn't have to go grocery shopping for, and that would be good for me. A while ago on Pinterest I found a recipe for No Bake Energy Bites, kind of like no bake cookies, and last night I decided it was finally time to make them. And they're delicious! In all the hustle and bustle of making and cleaning and eating and watching TV, I forgot to snap some pictures, so I'm just swiping the photo from the website I found them on. That's legal, right? Mine look pretty much the same anyway. I altered my bites a little bit, and I'm sure you can do the same. I like these because they're very customizable. So here you go!


No-Bake Energy Bites {adapted from here}.

ingredients:
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- dash of cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients together well. Cool in the fridge for a half hour or so, this makes them less sticky  and easier to roll out. Once chilled, roll into balls 1 inch or so in diameter. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. I was able to make about 17 bites. Enjoy!! It's almost like eating healthy cookie dough. :)

P.S. I hope you all enjoy the new little makeover I gave the ol' blog. I was getting a little restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment