11.05.2013

november.


Hello from my 64 ounce Coke, which is where my day is at right now. How are you? You can't see it, but there was a big ol' sugar cookie on my lap that I ate in about 2 and a half bites.

It's only Tuesday and I'm just about ready to get into bed and take a nap straight until Saturday. You know those days where you're going, going, going, and have to stop to remember to breathe? That's how my last three days have been. Being busy suits me, but it's always nice to have a break. And in just a few days I'll be on my way back home to California for the week. Just me, my mom, my dad {lovingly referred to as "The Captain," for those of you who watch HIMYM}, and the cat. A week of San Francisco, Apple Hill, the Galleria Mall, and 70 degrees. My impatient nerves can't wait.

Until then, here are a few things that are getting me through that awkward, sad transition from Fall to Winter:

1. Saturday was THE PERFECT DAY. 65 degrees, yellow, and crunchy. The kind of day that you know is so perfect that you have to hang on for as long as you possibly can because it'll be over all too fast. It felt like the last day of Fall here, I just knew it. So we spent the day at a park, with a pizza and our short sleeves. And I soaked in every last bit.

And on Sunday we woke up to snow, because well, that's how my life works.

2.  Plaid. I'm not quite sure how, but this and this found their way into my closet. What is it about plaid that just says Christmas/hunter/hot chocolate/Brawny man/Fall/Winter/snow/90s grunge all in one? Those are my favorite things.

3. Essie's After School Boy Blazer nail polish. Sometimes when you wear nail polish that looks black but is secretly navy blue, you just feel a little bit BA. And as a girl, I reserve the right to be happy because of a nail polish color.

4. This personality quiz. I'm a sucker for these suckers.  Once you get your results, check this out. I'm an ISFJ and a Neville Longbottom, what are you? At first I didn't know how I felt about being a Neville, but he's still a Gryffindor and he grows up to be a total hottie and a hero, so...that sure sounds good to me!

5. Scandal. My Netflix binge watching has taken a turn from comedies to dramas, and I'm very happy with this one. Once you get past the fact that the President is also the voice of Tarzan, it's fantastic. And makes me realize that I never want to work in politics. The fast-paced dialogue will hook you, I promise. And if you need a laugh from Olivia Pope, here's one.

6. And lastly, Christmas music. I'll be honest with you, I am not a Christmas purist. Christmas doesn't start the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas starts the second you find frost on your car window, or in the case of those of us from warmer climates, the minute it drops below 70 degrees. So for me, last Sunday was the official opening of the Christmas season. I will be happy to recommend some great songs from my playlist, and check out Dave Barnes' new Christmas album while you're at it.

And with that, my rambling is done. The problem with being busy is that there is no time to say the things that are rattling inside your head. So that's what this blog is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment