2.02.2012

awkward and awesome.

 

Cute, right? This is how I speak the language of love.

Happy February! The month of LOOOVE is here. How do you feel about it? To be honest, I’m a little indifferent when it comes to V-Day. I say, treat me to a box of chocolates on June 18, a random day of the year, just because you feel like it, not because you have to. And I’ll do the same for you on September 27.  One of my favorite quotes is from Ryan Howard on The Office, talking about Valentine’s Day. “Anybody can be Prince Charming one day a year, with the dinner and the flowers and all that, but you know what impresses me? When a guy can do that NO days a year.”

I don’t expect that, but I get where he’s coming from, right?

Anywho, onto my bandwagon. Akwards and awesomes have been around for a while on a lot of the uber-fashionable blogs I read. Mine is not one of those uber-fashionable blogs, but I like the idea. Every Thursday you share the happenings of your week by listing the awkward experiences followed by the awesome ones. So here we go!
Awkward:

- Accidentally yelling, “LET’S GO COUGARS!” at a Utah State basketball game rather than “LET’S GO AGGIES!” I’m pretty sure the lady sitting next to me tried to shoot knives out of her eyes with the look she gave me.
- Attempting to purchase some underpinnings at Target only to have a guy texting on his cell phone standing right in front of them. Excuse me, but no, I’m not going to ask him to move so I can grab what I need. So I waited. For 10 whole minutes. Who WAS that guy?
- That awkward moment when you’re at a 4-way stop with 4 cars, and no one knows who’s going to go. So you all start, and then you all stop, and then two people in contradicting directions start, and then it just gets really uncomfortable.
- When I go through the Wendy’s drive-thru and the man at the window says, “Didn’t I see you here last night?” So I slump down in my seat and slowly drive away. After getting my food of course. Next time I’m wearing a mask.
- Going to church at my grandparent’s ward and listening to a lady in Sunday School say that “people in Utah don’t swear. We have values and morals here that people just don’t have in other places.” And me wanting to make a comment. And then having my mom encourage me to make the comment, which was actually awesome. Mainly I just felt awkward for the lady. The Church is true EVERYWHERE.

Awesome:

- Because of my two jobs, I have a payday every week. BOO-YAH.
- Looking at the proofs for LDS Living‘s March/April issue and seeing my article, with my name, in print. Guys, it’s like meeting your child for the first time. Well, maybe not, but I have nothing else to relate it to.
- Wendy’s twice in the last week. TWICE.
- The Help. I made the mistake of seeing the movie before reading the book (I still loved the movie), but guys, this book is incredible.
- Being able to cross things off my forever long to-do list. And then writing those things again just so I can cross them off one more time.
- Finally being done with this forever long post. Well, that’s actually more awesome for you. I promise, it’s coming to an end!

Happy Thursday, friends! It’s almost Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment