12.12.2012

a nomination.

I think we're pretty aware about how I feel about blogging every once in a while. However, today is not that day because guys, I won something! I won! Also, it's 12/12/12 and we're just going to roll with it. 

My friend Brooke nominated me for a...


I got an email about it this morning and did a little dance. You're looking at a girl who never wins anything, and although I'm 1000% sure there's no prize involved, I'm excited. I don't know who Liebster is or how he/she has any blogging authority, but we're going with it. Here's how it works:

a. list 11 things about yourself
b. answer the questions the nominee created for you
c. choose 11 {or so} of your own favorite blogs to nominate
d. create 11 questions for them {or use the previous questions}
e. let them know they've won

a. about me:

1. I'm happiest when I'm travelling with my family {we once spent a month in Europe and didn't even attempt to kill each other}
2. Right now I'm really into colored jeans
3. I wish I could sing but I can't. Thus, my car and my shower are the only places I'll allow it
4. In high school I was one of those people who used the word in her word-a-day calendar in everyday conversation
5. The greatest compliment I've ever received is that I'm the kind of girl a guy could take home to his mom
6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE 70's music
7. Challenge me to find a good deal on clothes/books/technology and I will find it, dang it
8. There are so many things I would rather do than cry
9. My two favorite cities in the world are London and San Francisco
10. I would really like to own a sewing machine
11. I've been labeled as a sass-mouth

b. questions for me:

1. If you could get lunch with ANY famous person, who would it be and why? 
Oh man. This answer would probably change every single day, but right now I'd have to say Steve Jobs. I'm dying to read his biography, and I think it would be crazy interesting to get into his brain. 

2. If you could have any career, no strings attached, what would you want to do?
Easy peasy. The editor-in-chief of a major magazine {think Anna Wintour or Miranda Priestly but nicer}, or I'd be on the Food Newtork a la Giada de Laurentiis.

3. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Frozen semi-sweet chocolate chips. I'm easy to please.

4. Google or Apple?
Well, considering my answer to question #1, Apple. I'm fascinated by it on every nerdy level. Plus, on a design level, the products are beautiful. I can be won over with good design. 


5. What is one thing that you have learned about yourself in the last year?
This took a lot of thought, but I think it's that I'm a lot tougher than I think I am. I've had some tough stuff to deal with the last few months, and sometimes I look back and I'm amazed that I was able to handle it.

6. What is one of your hidden talents?
Um...hmm...I'm a pro at catching and making movie references. And I'll be slightly disappointed in you if you don't pick up what I throw down. ;)

7. Spring or Fall?
Spring at home in California, Fall here in Utah. Is that allowed?

8. If you could be any animal, what would it be?
This is where my nerdiness comes out. A wolf. A friend of mine had me take a spirit animal quiz online, and that's always the answer I get. Smart, stealthy, and beautiful. Sounds about right. ;)

9. Beach or mountains? Why?
Beach at home in California, mountains in Utah. Once again, is that allowed?

10. If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Target. Because that is pretty much the only place I shop now anyway. Set me free in a Target and I will come out SO happy. 

11. If you could be an Olympic athlete in any sport, which would you pick?
Well, because being 5 foot 8 would probably make gymnastics really hard for me, I'd have to say tennis.

c. and now, for my nominations!


d. my questions for you!

1. What cereal could you live on for the rest of your life?
2. What book has influenced you the most?
3. What movie has influenced you the most?
4. What is your favorite thing about the relationship between your parents?
5. What makes you the happiest?
6. What is your favorite item of clothing?
7. What are your feelings about Taylor Swift?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. What is your least favorite holiday?
10. What is your biggest quirk?
11. Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling? Why?

And there it is. Thanks for the nomination, Brooke! This was lots of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment