1.10.2013

i probably just need to go to bed.

I found this quote just now, and it was a blessing. I've had an interesting day, one of those days where I counted down the minutes until I could jump back into bed and pull the covers over my head. But before I can do that, I need to write.

I started off 2013 with a lot of good intentions, and while I think I've done pretty well with my goals, today was the first day of the year when nothing got done, nothing went as planned. Maybe it was the snow, maybe it was that for some reason I was just so tired and unmotivated, maybe it was because I didn't feel like getting dressed until 3pm. And this isn't normal for me.

I spent the day feeling like a failure. My Scripture reading didn't happen in the morning like it usually does, my prayers were less than sincere, and my bed didn't get made. I think after the first three hours of the day I just gave up and figured that there was no point really trying.

So at work tonight, as I was stewing over my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, I saw this, and remembered I still have tomorrow. And the next day, and the day after that. A friend of mine told me once that he admired my courage, and like the above quote, I always thought courage was this big thing where you make a huge decision and people notice. But it can still be quiet, introspective, and unnoticed by others.

So I have a new resolution. When something goes wrong, or when a day doesn't go the way I want it to, I'm resolving to remember that I can start over. There's always a new day, a new hour, a new minute to resolve to do a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment