4.25.2013

a post about how much i love spring.


I know everyone has a post like this dedicated to Spring, and I know I have a few already, but I can't get over it. Maybe it's because I know this will probably be my last Utah Spring, but I've been very aware about making sure I soak everything in. The sun streaming through the mountain peaks in the early hours of the morning, the smell of the pink cherry blossoms, the tulips. THE TULIPS! The soft green grass squishing between my bare toes, the slight breeze that has a touch of warmth along with the scent of magnolias.

Spring is my season. Spring is my season because the weather inspires me to be better, to renew myself just like everything else around me renews itself. Spring is my season because I was made for shorts, sandals, and cardigans. Spring is my season because with it comes playing catch, throwing a football, eating lunch outside on the stoop. Spring is my season because, as a persistent optimist, I'm constantly reminded to be happy when I step outside and the sun, not a blizzard, hits my face. I'm reminded to be happy when the eternally blue sky stretches out for as far as the eye can see. And most importantly, I'm reminded to happy because Spring teaches us that life is so, so good. There is so much to be happy about, so much to be grateful for.

So here's to you, Spring. I haven't found anyone you don't look good on.

No comments:

Post a Comment