4.28.2013

closing doors and opening windows.


One of my most favorite movies is "The Sound of Music." And one of my favorite quotes in that movie is when Maria, feeling a little perplexed about what she should be doing with her life {this sounds a little too familiar to me} says, "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." I really believe that.

This week I felt as though I've been closing a lot of doors. I was released from the calling I had for the last year that I was absolutely in love with, which did so much good for me. It was a little bittersweet to let it go. I thought to myself that it was the greatest challenge as well as the greatest blessing, and I was able to work with so many, many amazing girls.

I'm moving to a new place this week, which means I'm shutting the door on my old one. I haven't moved in about 2 and a half years, so this feels all new to me! I'm excited for the adventure and meeting new people, but a little terrified at the same time. I haven't been the "new girl" in a few years. My calling required me to be on the "welcome wagon," and now I have to jump off it. 

This week has just been a giant reminder to me that we are always where we need to be. Moving from where I am and doing what I love has been sad, because it really feels like a part of my life is closing. And I guess it is, but it could be a great thing. Don't we always love new chapters in stories? It means a new plot line, a new piece to the puzzle. And sometimes, the start of a new chapter is a great place to stop and take a break. I hate to stop reading in the middle of a page, so I usually read until the end of the chapter before I put the book down for a while. It's exactly the same with life. A new chapter provides a much-needed break, it adds more to our story, it adds new lessons, new challenges, new characters, etc. And for that I couldn't be more excited. 

On a lighter note, who wants to help me pack? :)

1 comment:

  1. That doorway is beautiful :) Life changes can be hard but I feel like it all works out! Keep that positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete