8.19.2013

august and other stuff.


How is it that this month is on its way outta here? August 19? WHAAA? Somehow I don't get it. Yesterday I drove with some friends through Provo Canyon, and the tippiest tops of the mountains are starting to change color already.

Already.

This month, with its sticky snow cone days and warm, starry nights, is heading to the chopping block, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love Fall as much as the next person. I love the color change and the school supplies and the layering. I love that the air gets a little bit crisper, that the nights get a little bit cooler, and I love the back-to-school atmosphere. It almost makes me wish I was going back to school, too. Almost, but not quite. That's another post for another day.

While I love Fall, I don't know if I'm ready to hand my life over to it just yet. This summer has been a lot of things for me, but mainly it's been a time to be adventurous. I was a little less structured, a little less organized, than normal. And this is coming from the most Type A of Type A personalities. You're looking at the girl who likes to plan every minute of the day out, the girl who keeps notebooks just for lists. But this summer, I didn't make one list, the only thing I scheduled was work. And you know what? It kind of fit me. I've learned to find a balance between being overly scheduled and being lazy. And it looks kinda good on me I think?

I'll miss you, summer. You sure were good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment