12.03.2013

iris.

I have two bad day movies. Those movies you pop in when life seems like it's falling down your shoulders, when a tidal wave of crap just seems to keep knocking you down. You know those days, yeah? Today we had our first big snowstorm. The kind where your car gets stuck in a parking spot, one of your windshield wipers breaks, and you spill your dinner and lose just one brand-new earring. Tidal wave, folks.

So I settled in with my two go-to movies, "You've Got Mail" {duh} and "The Holiday." Now if I could, I'd probably take out the Cameron Diaz story, because I relate fully and completely to Iris. She and Kathleen Kelly are my people. The hard workers who seem to be a little bit overlooked. Sometimes I feel like that, especially lately. You know when you feel like maybe you're not reaching your full potential? That's me right now. It's requiring me to make some changes, which is terrifying. But if Iris and Kathleen can do it, so can I.

I've learned recently that I need to surround myself with people who make me feel good about myself, which is something I haven't been doing so much lately. I have great friends, I really do, but some of them make me leave feeling bad about myself. Things are said or done, all in the name of a "joke," that make me feel worthless. I know this and I know how awful it makes me feel, but I don't do anything about it. Why? Maybe I'm being too vague so this doesn't make sense to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that for the last few months, my confidence level has been pretty low. Maybe at an all-time low, I'm not too sure.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's time for me to make changes. New place, new people, new confidence level. I'm ready to be pushed. I'm ready to be completely happy again.

Anyway, these two clips really stood out to me. Preach, Iris and Joe.


{Please pardon the language. You know Patricia. :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment