1.01.2014

trust.


So, I'm moving to California in 4 days. 4 days! I'm at that point where I'm freaking out just a little, but in a good way. It's more of an excited freaking out instead of a nervous one. To be honest, I haven't been really nervous about this move, which I take as a good sign. Ever since I made the decision to go, I've felt very peaceful. I'm even pretty proud of my packing skills, I've thrown out everything I don't use anymore, and let me tell you that getting rid of junk is one of the best feelings in the world.

Last year, at the start of 2013, I chose a word that I wanted to focus on. That word was "calm." I wanted to have more of it, be more of it, and recognize more of it. And I'm happy to say that, while I wasn't perfect with it, I think I was pretty successful. Whenever I'd have some sort of freak-out, I tried my darndest to focus and relax. And you know what? It works. 

This year, for 2014, my new word is "trust." I'm going to be completely honest when I say that 2013 gave me quite a bruising in the relationships area, both in dating and friendships. I know everyone goes through things like that, but for some reason in 2013 I lost a lot of confidence in people, and because of that, I lost confidence in myself. I noticed that I became very distrustful of people, because past experiences convinced me that everyone was going to let me down. It was rough. 

But now that it's 2014 {happy New Year, by the way!}, my goal is to really trust others, to lose the pessimism I was holding onto. Not everyone wants me to fail, not everyone wants to hurt me. I just need to find those people. :) And most importantly, I need to trust myself. I'm a little terrified about new jobs and new experiences when I move, and I'm nervous that I'm not going to trust that I can do hard things. But I need to. I need to trust that I'm capable of doing amazing things, just like we all are. I need to trust that other people want to help me, and I need to trust that God is on my side. 

So here's to you, 2014. You good looking year, you! I have a feeling that you're going to rock. While 2013 does hold some special memories, I'm glad that it's over. And I'm excited to see what's in store for all of us this year. What are some of your goals? I'd love to hear them!

Read about my 2013 word here

1 comment:

  1. Buylens.hk offer best focus dailies total one, 1 day acuvue define and biofinity multifocal in Hong Kong with reasonable price.

    focus dailies total one

    ReplyDelete